The DNA Core decommissioned our HiSeq 2500 on November 30, 2016 following the acquistion of a NextSeq 500 system in January, 2016. The NextSeq is well suited to many applications because of increased read count output, slightly longer read lengths and lower sequencing costs. The DNA Core has outsourcing arrangments with other facilities which will provide access to a HiSeq for researchers requiring the HiSeq capabilities. All library preparation and library QC will continue to be performed by DNACF staff.
Contact the DNA Core for pricing and options.
- Instrument Specifications
- Standard sequence read lengths of 50, 100, 150 and 250 bases.
- Single or paired-end reads
- 150-175 million quality reads per lane
- Maximum data yield of 600Gb per flow cell
- Greater than 85% of bases >Q30 on a 2x100 run