The Illumina MiSeq is a DNA sequencing platform capable of generating paired-end, 250 base read lengths. The single lane flow cell design, on-board clustering and five minute cycle times allow for rapid sequencing times(~48 hours for a 2x250 run).
- Instrument Specifications
- Standard sequence read lengths of 75, 150, 250 and 300 bases
- Single or paired-end reads
- 25 million quality reads per lane
- Maximum data yield of ~15 Gb
- Greater than 70% of bases >Q30 on a 2x300 run
- Amplicon sequencing - The longer read lengths allow for paired-end sequencing which can be used to build contigs of PCR amplicons of up to 475 bases in length.
- Metagenomics - The longer read lengths aid in sequencing of the hypervariable regions of the 16S RNA gene to characterize microbial communities.
- Bacterial genome resequencing - The 8Gb yield of a 2x250 run is sufficient data yield to sequence bacterial genomes.
|.....Analysis Description....||USD||Data Output (Gb)|
|Paired-End Read (2x75 bases)||$1,275 / lane||~3.8Gb / lane|
|Paired-End Read (2x150 bases)||$1,417 / lane||~4.5Gb / lane|
|Paired-End Read (2x250 bases)||$1,576 / lane||~8Gb / lane|
|Paired-End Read (2x300 bases)||$2,038 / lane||~15Gb / lane|
|Paired-End Read (2x150 bases), Nano||$700 / lane||~300Mb / lane|
|Paired-End Read (2x250 bases), Nano||$755 / lane||~500Mb / lane|
*Contact the DNA Core for external rates
**Low yield kits primarily used for library QC runs