The Illumina MiSeq is a DNA sequencing platform capable of generating paired-end, 300 base read lengths. The single lane flow cell design, on-board clustering and five minute cycle times allow for rapid sequencing times(~48 hours for a 2x250 run).
- Instrument Specifications
- Standard sequence read lengths of 75, 150, 250 and 300 bases
- Single or paired-end reads
- 25 million quality reads per lane
- Maximum data yield of ~15 Gb
- Greater than 70% of bases >Q30 on a 2x300 run
- Targeted Amplicon Sequencing - Long read lengths with paired-end sequencing can be used to build contigs of PCR amplicons of up to 475 bases in length.
- Microbial Community Analysis - Long read lengths aid in the sequencing of hypervariable regions of the 16S RNA gene to characterize microbial communities.
- Bacterial Genome Resequencing - The 8Gb yield of a 2x250 run is sufficient data yield to sequence bacterial genomes.
Contact the DNA Core to discuss with core staff how the NextSeq 500 can be used to generate sequence data for your project.