The Illumina NextSeq 500 provides high-throughtput sequencing at increased speeds and lower cost. The platform is capable of generating 120Gb of data (~800 million paired-end reads) in a single run. The system is compatible with all Illumina libraries. The faster run times are achieved with use of Illumina's new two-channel SBS technology which requires only two images to capture all four base calls.
Review the following Illumina technology notes to understand the difference between two-channel and four-channel SBS sequencing.     Learn More »
- Instrument Specifications
- Standard sequence read lengths of 75 and 150 bases.
- Single or paired-end reads
- ~800 million quality paired-end reads per flow cell
- Maximum data yield of 120Gb per flow cell
- Greater than 75% of bases >Q30 on a 2x150 run
Contact the DNA Core to discuss with core staff how the NextSeq 500 can be used to generate sequence data for your project.