Illumina Sequencing Samples
- Be sure to clearly label samples as indicated on the library information form which should be sent to core staff before shipping samples.
- All DNA, RNA and libraries should be shipped on dry ice in low binding microcentrifuge 1.5ml tubes.
- Tubes placed within a 50ml falcon tube, or some other protective packaging material, is necessary to protect tubes from being crushed by dry ice. When precautions are not taken, we receive cracked and crushed tubes with loss of valuable samples.
Sanger Sequencing Samples
- Be sure to label samples as instructed in submission guidelines.
- Dry ice or wet ice is NOT needed-samples are stable at room temperature.
- Do not seal plates with adhesive plate seals, use strip-caps.
- Wrap plates in bubble wrap, place tubes inside a 50ml falcon tube, or use some other protective packaging materials to protect samples. When precautions are not taken, we receive cracked and crushed tubes and plates with loss of valuable samples.